a single step into the Middle of the World

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Busy/Work

  


 I just scored my largest job ever. Big stone and brick house. Many rooms to do.
The clients at first told me....2 months till the walls are ready. Yesterday: "Fred says the walls should be ready in two weeks.". Fred is the builder.
No way. I'm busy. I'm working for my friend Sue on her large job that keeps getting delayed. Last week the lead painter fell down the single-story elevator shaft. He's OK but unable to work. We come in after the painters have finished.
I have to hire friends for parts of this job. Two weeks?? This is part of the age-old dilemma of the self-employed artisan.


Here's the other part: When I am really busy, all I can think about is having free time to do my own painting. When I have no work at all - and therefore loads of time to paint - I am usually riddled with anxiety about finances. Lack of money. Unpaid bills. 


Still,  this year the work keeps flowing in and it's OK. Yes, it's OK. I can pay the damned bills.

No comments:

Post a Comment